Sunday 12 February 2012

Miss Whitney


The passing of the lovely Miss Houston was a shock to hear when I woke up. After watching her Oprah come back interview, my heart went out to her and her daughter. It’s got me thinking about doing the things I have been wanting to do, and just live life, with no excuses!!
So this is a tribute from fractured 12th rib to the gorgeous lady who brought as the fabulous sounds of ‘I’ll always love you’ and my personal favourite ‘Dance with somebody’ (at least I think that’s what it’s called, quickly googling it....and yes, was right all along!)

‘Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself’ and I personally think this is what Whitney accomplished! She really did create her own self, even in the mid 80s when she was not in the mainstream African American themed songs, she created her own style with her icon voice. Let’s not be limited with what the world had branded us to be!

She may be gone but her songs will live forever, and she was her music!!
Have a personal reflection on your own life today, create yourself!

Rest in peace Miss Whitney Houston.

No comments:

Post a Comment