Thursday 9 February 2012

Diets, Diets, Diets

With summer around the corner many people are thinking of crash diets, joining the gym or joining a fitness challenge to get back into shape. this is really infectious! I have witnessed may different diets people are taking up and I must say some are clearly much harder than others:

1. The celebrity shake diet. This is a diet that only allows u to have 2 shakes a day and a meal at night.
2. No carb diet or a fist size of carbs with each meal.
3. The special k diet
4. The water diet!!!! Yes you heard me right, first day, its all about the water and next day is a meal day, and back to an all water day!!!

Hell, I could go on for ever about these diets, and when u think about the amount of money people are paying for these diet groups or programmes, to the tunes of £15 to £100 membership a week!!!!! A week!!!!

I have tried a few, in the hope of getting my ketone levels up too!! (from the weight loss guru, that's what we are trying to get our bodies producing, to burn off the weight).
I have tried increasing my water intake (not water diet, just the intake!!). Bringing in a container of healthy snacks, carrots, olives, cherry tomatoes, almonds with me to work. All I can say is when I sit next to the snack table at work it sure isn't easy, someone should have told me that your waist line goes as soon as you sign the dotted line!

So what practical things have I tried so far, (having said this I have lost 1kg since Xmas, yeah me!)
1. I still take in my carrots and my tomatoes and fruits to work, to beat the munchies!
2. I know squash is probably not the best thing, but I reckon it sure does beat not having water or substituting  it with a mars bar!!!
3. I have joined a few running challenges to help me get to the gym, it's a good motivation, and it does make you feel like you have a goal to work towards, can't wait to get a medal for crossing over the finish line!!
4. I have subscribed to my fitness pal and fatcreep, it really does help keeping track of your weight, and what you are eating!
5. Reduce eating out, or have the less creamy based meals when I go out.
6. Taking my own lunch to work, that way I know what am having.


Now I really do hope I am on track to a great summer. For more weight loss tips check out this blog for some new ideas and inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment