Tuesday 22 January 2013

So many bridges to cross

I sat down thinking of the many things in my life and others around me that happen and make no sense at all. It feels like after one problem has been sorted out the next obstacle is on its way. And it does tend to feel like it's always you. I found myself talking to my best friend and going, 'sorry to always make it about me but.....' and I must say I have some of the best friends out there are they always tell me 'you don't make it enough about yourself, go on...' After a good hour of self pity and inspirational words am good as new, or just until the next episode!

While life has it's moments when you stop and think...' I really don't get why this is happening', it makes absolutely no sense when children are dying, or even people in our peer group (though we feel old we are really not old at all), or you really tired you best to get something to come through, but not only did it fail ten times over, it brought other complications you could not even imagine, or have the strength to deal with.

With these things in life I have learnt to put them in my 'I don't understand file' and tuck them away, if it's something I can not physically change I suggest it be put away and in time it either sorts itself out or a solution puts itself to you and voila.

There was a time I was working with a colleague in the office, being the most senior person on the team, when things were not going as planned I started panicking. I worried about the time, I worried about the level of teaching I was giving my colleague, and trust me the more I worried I had more things piling up for me to worry about. After the second day of working late on stress mode, I found it amazing how my colleague was so chilled ( he had already developed a reputation in the office for being so chilled, from the very first day) I really had to ask him, ' how do you manage to be so laid back' and he said, ' I find it useless to stress coz at the end if it all, things always sort themselves out. The work we are doing one way or another will be done, so why stress about something that will be fine in the end'. He sure had a good point, and we did actually get it all done in the end with more laughs, and I did think to myself, I do always get stressed out but it all comes through in the end!! I must be addicted to stress. :|

However, with the situation at work, it got sorted out and moved out of my 'I don't understand file' but in life we will face more things that just never move out that file, such as deaths, loss of a job, a promotion that was overlooked, failure of a company, failed marriage/relationship, the fine you got when you have always been good with payments, the list is endless. In the words of three great men find inspiration,

“Take the first step in faith. You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.”
~ Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

“If you are going through hell, keep going.” ~ Winston Churchill

“When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.” ~Franklin D. Roosevelt

Just keep on and hold steady! It's all part of life's lessons


No comments:

Post a Comment